ST. PETERSBURG MUSEUMS - WORLD ART
Through the centuries Russian tzars and the nobility actively collected Fine Art from all over the world. The royal collection of World Art was founded in 1764, when Catherine the Grat bought a collection of paintings from Berlin (which started the collection of the Hermitage).
All major suburban park-and-palace estates have
extensive art collections that are frequently put
on display at various locations. Grand Palace and
Hermitage Pavilion in Peterhof and Yekaterininsky
Palace in Pushkin have halls with walls covered
with paintings from floor to ceiling.
NEXT CATEGORY: WWII and the Siege
TOP OF THE PAGE |
MUSEUMS BY SUBJECT |
MUSEUMS PAGE |